Hiring a Professional Organizer
Helpful Hints So You Know What to Expect
1. What is a Certified Professional Organizer®? An organizer who has met education requirements, has logged a certain number of billable organizing hours and has passed a test through the Board of Certified Professional Organizers. Amber was certified in 2008 and most of our organizers are working towards or have achieved certification.
2. What is NAPO? NAPO stands for the National Association of Professional Organizers. Since 1985, NAPO has been the premier organization dedicated to the field of organizing. NAPO defines quality standards and provides education for its members, ensuring the highest level of excellence and professionalism. The national conference is a highlight each year for Amber, where new ideas and trends propel her forward in business.
3. How long will it take to get organized? The duration of a project has many variables including, the size of the project/room, the amount of stuff in the room, how fast decisions are made, and the amount of time you choose to spend on the project between our organizing sessions. We work as quickly and efficiently as possible so you get the most out of each appointment.
4. How long is an organizing session? Each appointment is a required minimum of 3 hours but if requested, we can and will work as long as an 6-7 hour day.
5. Do I work along side the professional organizer during the sessions? In most situations, yes. In order for you to learn and experience the organizing process, it is best for you to be part of the process. In addition, it’s helpful to have your feedback and input as we work so that we give you functional and realistic results.
6. Do you offer free consultations? No. Our onsite consultations are done during your first organizing session. A thorough phone assesment starts the organizing process before we come out to your home or business.
7. What types of payment do you accept? Cash, Check, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover credit cards are accepted.
8. Do I have to buy organizing products? No. We will work with what you currently have and suggest items that would help, but buying products are completely optional.
9. Is everything about our organizing appointment kept confidential? Absolutely. We will never share private information with any other party.
Read more about our organizing services and prices .